How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jim Reilly Your Own Question
Jim Reilly
Jim Reilly, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1805
Experience:  California lawyer since 1976.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jim Reilly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do i get my property back after a writ of attachment has

This answer was rated:

how do i get my property back after a writ of attachment has been exucuted?
If the writ was valid and you owe the debt with which it is associated, you can only get the property back by promptly paying the underlying debt before the creditor has a chance to sell the property.
Jim Reilly and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

the judgement has been paid , do i have to pay the sherif to return my property?

I saw your other question before I saw this reply, so answered your follow up question there. Good luck getting this taken care of.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
do they have to return my property or am I responsible for retrieving it from them?
Sorry, once again I saw your new question before realizing that you had posted here, so answered there first. You will have to pick up the property yourself, as the sheriff is under no obligation to deliver it.