Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

my husband is in prison and i dont have a green card. Is there

Customer Question
any way he can help?...
my husband is in prison and i dont have a green card. Is there any way he can help?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Legal
12/1/2008
Lawyer: Steinlaw, Attorney replied 9 years ago
Steinlaw
Steinlaw, Attorney

Thank you for your question and I look forward to assisting you. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you have put all of the information in your question. Also, due to site reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. Also, there may be future facts that are as yet undetermined in your matter, that can and must leave some areas of information provided by me broad in nature. However, don't hesitate to ask for clarification if needed! At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. That being said...

You need to retain an immigration attorney. Once you get legal status, then you do not have to worry about your kids. As for your husband, you want to retain an appellate attorney who can determine if an appeal is appropriate for his case.

Good luck.

Legal Disclaimer. By requesting this information, you expressly agree to the following: The information given is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. The nominal price you may or may not pay for information does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship. The only method of gaining an attorney/client relationship with me is via a retainer and signed fee agreement, which is not offered via this site. I am providing only resources, opinion and information for you to be informed and educated about your particular rights and needs. My answer is limited to the facts presented with the understanding that you will do your proper due diligence and appropriate follow up with an attorney licensed in your state. I do not provide general or specific legal advice on this site. I also am licensed to practice only in California, which may not be the state where this information is being provided or state whose law would apply, if any. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites.

Steinlaw
Steinlaw, Attorney

he is in prison for life i just want to know if i could still apply for a green card

Yes, you can still apply. Go to www.avvo.com to find an immigration attorney near you.
Steinlaw
Steinlaw
Steinlaw, Attorney