Steinlaw
Steinlaw, Attorney
Experience:  8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney
12106879

I disputed $250 debit charge for a resume service that was

Customer Question

I disputed $250 debit charge for a resume service that was not completed to my satisfaction, they are now threatening legal action. What is my liability?
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question and I look forward to assisting you. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you have put all of the information in your question. Also, due to site reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. Also, there may be future facts that are as yet undetermined in your matter, that can and must leave some areas of information provided by me broad in nature. However, don't hesitate to ask for clarification if needed! At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. That being said...

They will probably send you to a collection agency. If they do, send a validation letter to the collection agency. You can find one at www.californiadebtblog.com. That should make the collection agency sell it to another collection agency. Then you send another validation letter. This goes on and on until they get tired of you.

If they sue you, it will be in small claims court. You need to bring proof that the service was not satisfactory, ie misspellings in your resume, missing words, etc.... If you have that, you will win.

I think you are in a good position.

Good luck.

Legal Disclaimer. By requesting this information, you expressly agree to the following: The information given is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. The nominal price you may or may not pay for information does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship. The only method of gaining an attorney/client relationship with me is via a retainer and signed fee agreement, which is not offered via this site. I am providing only resources, opinion and information for you to be informed and educated about your particular rights and needs. My answer is limited to the facts presented with the understanding that you will do your proper due diligence and appropriate follow up with an attorney licensed in your state. I do not provide general or specific legal advice on this site. I also am licensed to practice only in California, which may not be the state where this information is being provided or state whose law would apply, if any. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I live in Marietta, GA, so this advice applies here?

Thanks for the quick response.

Regards,
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 8 years ago.
Yes. That will workin Marietta as well.