How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steinlaw Your Own Question
Steinlaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1811
Experience:  8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Steinlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my girlfriends car was impounded at her house while she was

Resolved Question:

my girlfriends car was impounded at her house while she was not home after she left the scene of a minor traffic accident. Oh yes, she left the scene because she has a bench warrant for a failure to appear for no proof of insurance. So basically her Marietta,Georgia charges:              &nbs p;                                                                                                                            Round 1) driving w/out ins, failure to appear.                                                                      Round 2) driving w/out ins, driving on   suspended license, misdemeaner leaving scene, and I assume driving on suspended registration, at fault accident                         We plan on seeking legal council, but any advice such as: should we return the calls of investigating officer or wait until we retain council , what type of attorney should i look for, and possible outcomes(jail time)?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question and I look forward to assisting you. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you have put all of the information in your question. Also, due to site reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. Also, there may be future facts that are as yet undetermined in your matter, that can and must leave some areas of information provided by me broad in nature. However, don't hesitate to ask for clarification if needed! At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. That being said...

DO NOT TALK TO ANYONE UNTIL YOU RETAIN AN ATTORNEY. Yes, I meant to type that in all caps. You should not talk to anyone and especially not the investigating officer until she consults and hires an attorney. She is facing the potential of jail time. She needs to make sure she has appropriate legal representation.

Good luck.

st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }




Legal Disclaimer. By requesting this information, you expressly agree to the following: The information given is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. The nominal price you may or may not pay for information does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship. The only method of gaining an attorney/client relationship with me is via a retainer and signed fee agreement, which is not offered via this site. I am providing only resources, opinion and information for you to be informed and educated about your particular rights and needs. My answer is limited to the facts presented with the understanding that you will do your proper due diligence and appropriate follow up with an attorney licensed in your state. I do not provide general or specific legal advice on this site. I also am licensed to practice only in California, which may not be the state where this information is being provided or state whose law would apply, if any. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites.




Customer: replied 8 years ago.

what type of lawyer should I be seeking? Criminal or DUI/traffic or some other type.

Expert:  Steinlaw replied 8 years ago.
Get a criminal lawyer. You can start your search at
Steinlaw and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you