How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118661
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been sent parking violations for tickets I didnt do.

Customer Question

I have been sent parking violations for tickets I didnt do. My ex-wife did them. We were married years back and I co-signed for her during that time. I was shown as my name and then her name on the title. I tried contacting her numerous times but she procrastinated on taking care of it until recently. So now that my name is XXXXX XXXXX received a packet of ten tickets sent to me recently totaling the amount of $1350.00. I have sent numerous letter to the ticket place and have received no response other than the tickets. I have not seen my ex-wife, nor have i ever driven that car. All I want is the culprit, my ex-wife, to pay or the court to issue them in her name and not mine. Im in the military and this is going to destroy my record. please help me.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
You need to dispute the tickets in accordance with the instructions on the tickets and deny liability and provide them the information on the lawful owner/driver of the car. Since you are in the military, you can likely get someone in the JAG unit to review your appeal letter to the parking ticket bureau. They will continue to issue the notices in both names until you clear this up and if at first you receive no response continue to write and even try calling them.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Law Educator, Esq. and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I disputed it already and denied responsibility. Should I send a copy of my cars plate along with it this time? I still received all these tickets. should I actually schedule to visit the court in person then with all my proof.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
You should send copies of all of the evidence you have it is not you. You should also go to the court in person and bring it to them as well if you do not get a response on the second time.