How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practing General Attorney,
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a subrogation agency suspend my license

Resolved Question:

Can a subrogation agency suspend my license?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
I would like to answer your question but I need more information
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What information do you need?
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
If I understand your question. YOu want to know if not paying the collection agency will terminate your licenses? Most state laws allow the licensing authority to suspend your driver's license if were driving without at least the state required insurance coverages, or other approved financial responsibility coverages for your motor vehicle. The other person you hit can come after you for the damages you caused them and if you cannot pay or agree to reinstate the payment plan then the person can take you to court and seek a judgment against you. However, the nonpayment would not prevent you from obtaining a license or lead to suspension of the license.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I am no longer in an agreement with the collection agency, but I am still paying on my balance. Because I dont have a formal agreement with the agengy can the agency get the licensing authority to suspend my license?



Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
No because the collection agency is separate from the State Motor vehicl Department. You just have to make sure you are legally compliant to drive and the balance for the damages will be sought probably though a civil suit again you.
Daniel Solutions and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you