LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

how do i fill out the request for dismissal form civ110 and

how do i fill out the request for dismissal form civ110 and notice of entry of dismissal proof of service form cim120. I not sure what to write. This has to be filed in Pasadena, CA
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

ALTADENA, California

Already Tried:
SEARCHING ONLINE FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FORM CIV110 AND CIV 120. I have to take forms to court tomorrow, November 12,2008.
Thanks

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a licensed attorney, and I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information. Here are links for the forms (including instructions):

CIV-110* (non-fillable)CIV-110* (fillable)Request for Dismissal
CIV-120* (non-fillable)CIV-120* (fillable)Notice of Entry of Dismissal and Proof of Service

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i already have these forms. i just need to know what to write. I am not familiar with the questions and do not know how to fully answer them.

thanks

Hello again and thanks for writing back. I will be glad to try and help out. I apologize if I misunderstood your initial inquiry.

There are numerous fields in each of these forms, so if you would please let me know which ones have you stumped I will point you in the right direction. It would be helpful if you ask about each form separately -- i.e. question about number 1 on CIV-110 or question about number 2 on CIV-120...something like that would be great. Once I receive your specific questions I will post my answers.

I hope this is of some more help. Take care and thanks again for using Just AnswerTM.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thanks for your help i will address form civ 110 first:

1. party without attorney. i believe this would be me because i do not have an attorney.
2 request for dismissal. do i check the box "other" since it is a civil case and the rest of boxes do not apply?
3.to the clerk. section 1b what do i mark?

it states that a conformed copy will not be returned by the clerk unless a method or return is provided with the document. what does this mean?

do i need to get this form notorized or filed at the county recorders office?

civ120

Hello again. I will try and reply in order corresponding to your questions as posed.

1. Yes, that is correct. You are pro se -- or under California law pro per.
  2. Yes, that is right. Where it says Other (specify): just write in a basic description of the matter -- need not be formal and a word or two will likely suffice.
  3. This is a bit more complicated, but it works like this. (a)(1) "with prejudice" means it cannot be refiled at a later date; (a)(2) "without prejudice" means it can be refiled at a later date. (b)(1) - (b)(4) each of these four choices refer to what document you want dismissed -- i.e. you can look at a "Complaint" you were served and seek dismissal of the same named document; probably, however, you want to check (b)(5) to dismiss the entire lawsuit -- this is definitely what you want if you were the person sued and want the matter to go away.

The "conformed copy" comments simply means you have to provide a self-addressed stamped envelope to have the clerk mail you a copy of your filing once it has been processed.

No to both on getting notarized.

Yes to both on filing.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
one more question...do i go to the county recorders office before or after i have the clerk stamp it and sign.

thanks

Hello again.

No problem, I am glad to try and help. Take your original and have it stamped. Then request a copy of the file-stamped document (to keep for your records). Finally, file the original file-stamped document. The staff is usually pretty nice about helping out so no need to feel bad about just asking for assistance.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you so much. you have been very helpful. i like the service . i'll contact you if i have any other legal questions in the future.

thanks again.

You are quite welcome. It was my pleasure to have been of some help.

Take care and thanks again for using Just AnswerTM.