How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mr Lofton Your Own Question
Mr Lofton
Mr Lofton, Lawyer.
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1291
Experience:  30 years of experience as a counselor and trial lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Mr Lofton is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how dto fill out wage garnishment papers

Customer Question

how dto fill out wage garnishment papers
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Mr Lofton replied 8 years ago.
You need to get the name and address of the employer, and the identifying information on the person whose wages are to be garnished and then get the form from the clerk's office in the court house where the judge is who is going to sign the garnishment order - fill out the form and have the clerk present it to the judge to be signed - then get it served by a sheriff or constable on on the payroll department of the employer. that's it. The Clerk in the court house will help you!

All the best,
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i already went to court and have a judgment and the papers BUT don't realy understand how to fill them all out
Expert:  Mr Lofton replied 8 years ago.
<p>Well, I can't see the paper through the computer - but I'll bet they have a place for the name of the employer and the name and other info for the person whose wages are going to be garnished - see if you can get help in the clerk's office at the court house - if not there, then contact <a href=""></a> as they will hook yo up locally with a free lawyer!</p><p> </p><p>All the best,</p>
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i've already did sll the court work but i did't under stand on how to fill out the wage paper that what i was looking for
Expert:  Mr Lofton replied 8 years ago.
is the "wage paper " on line? What state are you working in?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.




llinois , no i got them from the court house