How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practing General Attorney,
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was divorced in Utah Dec. 2004. In the divorce he agreed

Customer Question

I was divorced in Utah Dec. 2004. In the divorce he agreed to pay payments until the sum of 28,000 was paid in full. I had no money for an attoney. Children raised. No way to fight him. In light of his payments he kept his retirement. He paid payments of under 400 monthly for a short time. My name is XXXXX XXXXX our home even after he agreed to refinance and remove it. Do i have any rights left? I gave up everything including retirement after 28 yrs. of marriage. He has two retirement funds and lives quite well. Yet I am on disablility and cant afford to fight for my rights.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
It is possible you could sue for part of his retirement. Legally he is in contempt/violation of your divorce decree. You could file a violation petition in court seeking a modification of the prior court order plus interest. Since he breached the original terms you can seek part of his retirement to satisfy the outstanding debt plus the interest on all money's past due. You can do this yourself without the need for an attorney. To check if your name was removed from the house you only need to contact the county clerk office to see who is listed.
Daniel Solutions and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

is it legal to remove a name from title without the person knowing or giving permission to sign off?

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX is amazing.


Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
It is only legal to remove a person's name from title without knowledge if there is a court order authorizing the removal. However in those cases the person had the opportunity to receive notice but refused to accept notice. Generally speaking you either know you name is XXXXX XXXXX or at least know the possiblity of you name being remove does exist.