How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118135
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I appeal my divorce after 3 years I have suppressed the

Customer Question

Can I appeal my divorce after 3 years? I have suppressed the horrific and hanis sexual crimes and assaults committed against me for the duration of 5 years in my marriage. At the time of my divorce in 2005 I brought up this abuse to my attorney and she stated three things, “I am sorry: and “if you go down this road it will make no money”. Thirdly, she convinced me that his mother would protect me and that many marriage there is fighting. I agreed out of fear of facing him and their bank account and thought that my story did not mean anything after that and did not push it because of extreme humiliation I never told my family or friends. This abuse and my daughters behavior after she returned form a visitation with grandma spontaneous came up in a counseling session in January of 2008 and my counselor was horrified and immediately referred me to a psychotherapist for me and my d
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
Unfortunately, you are well beyond any period under which you could appeal your divorce and there is nothing you would gain by appealing the divorce. Now, if you have suffered trauma at his hands, then you could seek to sue him for the infliction of the physical harm and emotional distress, but this is still a long shot since you were married at the time.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

This does not create any attorney-client relationship. Additionally, this is being provided for informational and instructional purposes only and does not constitute the practice of law in any jurisdiction.

Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You have not seen my full question?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Can you look at my full question please? Thanks,
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
I did not see the full question, but there is no way to overturn the divorce. You can file a motion with the court to prevent his visitation with the child based upon his history of sexual abuse and to prevent his parents from having any visitation rights but as far as overturning the divorce, that will not happen.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
By the way, negative feedback was not proper or called for at this point. I asked that you be patient in dealing with this and we could go back and forth, thus your comments were unprofessional and not appropriate.

Your entire question had not posted when I answered, but after reading your entire question the answer still does not change, you cannot overturn the divorce, there is NOTHING to overturn it for and it is way out of time. You can appeal any rulings on custody or visitation in the divorce.