How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117420
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter died. She has two grown children. Her husband,

This answer was rated:

My daughter died. She has two grown children. Her husband, stepfather to these children, want the children to sign a deed without warrenty. He says that he needs to do this to clear up issues related to the title since his wife'e death. If they sign this paper are they giving up their claim as heirs to this property? What do they need to sign to protect his intrest and theirs as heirs? Thank you .
The children should not be just signing over the deed to clear up title problems. There are no title problems and they need to look at the title. If her name was the only name on the deed, the children may own the house outright through inheritance and he may be trying to get them to give that up. They need to get a lawyer and open up succession on her estate in probate court and have an executor appointed that they can trust.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

This does not create any attorney-client relationship. Additionally, this is being provided for informational and instructional purposes only and does not constitute the practice of law in any jurisdiction.

Law Educator, Esq. and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you