How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practing General Attorney,
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We filed a SC small claims case against our next door neighbor

This answer was rated:

We filed a SC small claims case against our next door neighbor because of lending them $1400.00. The judgement was in our favor as a default judgement; however, we still have not received any $..they have until 11/12 to settle the claim but we believe that this will not be taken care of partly due to the fact that we believe they are deadbeats. What can we do after the 11/12 deadline if the judgement still hasn't been satisfied? It is against a 72 year old mother and a 37 year old daughter. The mother is working and the 37 year old daughter is not. We have promissory notes that have been signed by both. Can we garnish wages on the mother or is there any other way of getting money out of them? Will I need to contact a lawyer and if so can we add this to their debt? HELP!!!
Unfortunately wage attachment is prohibited in South Carolina. SCCLA 37 -5-104. However you can attach any property or bank account they have to satisfy the judgment debt. You can also file a informational subpoena with the court to get information as to property and bank accounts they have so you can attach a lien. if you need an attorney to go so then yes you can hold them liable for the cost of an attorney.
Daniel Solutions and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions