Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

A MAN CAME TO OUR HOUSE AND TOLD MY HUSBAND THAT HE HAD JUST

Customer Question
A MAN CAME TO OUR...
A MAN CAME TO OUR HOUSE AND TOLD MY HUSBAND THAT HE HAD JUST BOUGHT OUR HOME AND THAT WE HAD 12 DAYS TO GET OUT. MY HUSBAND WHO HAD BEEN PAYING OUR BILLS HAD NOT MADE A MORTGAGE PAYMENT SINCE APRIL AND KEPT MAIL FROM ME. THIS MORNING HE TOLD ME EVERYTHING. MY QUESTION IS: DO I HAVE ANY RECOURSE/-/// I WANT TO KEEP OUR HOUSE. WE HAVE THE MEANS TO DO IT.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Legal
11/1/2008
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 9 years ago
Unfortunately, if the house was sold in foreclosure, you have no recourse and you have lost the house. The actions of your husband impact both of you and even if you did not recieve notice, the notices your husband received and hid from you are still considered proper notices. I am sorry for your problem but you cannot reverse the foreclosure sale.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

This does not create any attorney-client relationship. Additionally, this is being provided for informational and instructional purposes only and does not constitute the practice of law in any jurisdiction.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney