Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

IF A PARTY GOES THRU ALL THE RESOURCES AVAILABLE FOR A NEW

Customer Question
VEHICLE LEMON LAW, I.E. BBB,STATE...
IF A PARTY GOES THRU ALL THE RESOURCES AVAILABLE FOR A NEW VEHICLE LEMON LAW, I.E. BBB,STATE ARBITRATION,AND LOSES CAN THEY USE THE RECISSION OF CONTRACT LAW AS A FIGHT AGAINST THE AUTOMOBILE MANUFACTURER??THANKSYOU,DIANE G
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Legal
11/1/2008
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 9 years ago
Recission of contract law does not pertain to the manufacturer, it would apply to the seller of the vehicle with whom you entered into the contract. Your suit against the manufacturer would be a product liability claim alleging defect in workmanship, materials or defective design.

Additionally, if you have lost all the appeals and arbitration, you would not be able to pursue a recission against the seller, since the lemon law is essentially a recission of contract.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

This does not create any attorney-client relationship. Additionally, this is being provided for informational and instructional purposes only and does not constitute the practice of law in any jurisdiction.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney