How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118708
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Subject one week travel inc hotel at beach . No refund allowed.

Customer Question

Subject "one week travel inc hotel at beach". No refund allowed. Paid for via credit card. $ 398.00 Day after payment money cleared the agency insisted on an "upgrade of $350.00 due to special holiday blocked out period. we refused and finally had to accept a inconvenient period next April or lose our money. Can we insist on a refund or damages.?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
If this was something where they solicited you by phone, through mail, or at your home, there was a 3 day period to cancel the sale. After the 3 days, you may be stuck. However, this sounds suspiciously like a scam and you need to contact the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's consumer fraud/protection unit. Unfortunately, you may not be able to rescind the contract since they have not yet breached the contract, unless you can prove some type of fraud or misrepresentation. If you can prove the misrepresentation regarding the "holiday blocked period" and the bait and switch, then you could seek to rescind on these grounds and if they refuse, then you must take them to court and sue for breach of contract based upon misrepresentation of a material fact.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

This does not create any attorney-client relationship. Additionally, this is being provided for informational and instructional purposes only and does not constitute the practice of law in any jurisdiction.