How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118720
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi Mr Burt I was unaware warrant for my arrest until i tried

Customer Question

Hi Mr Burt
I was unaware warrant for my arrest until i tried to renew my car license tag for 2009.they said that a check wrote for the previous renewal bounce. I was out of the country for 1 year and did not received any notice. even though i hadmy mails forwarded to me once a month from my UPS mail box. I also checked with my bank and the statement shows that i had sufficient funds in my account at the time the check was written and no recorded of the check being processed or returned. Check writen (11/16/07). i am again out of the country and need to resolve this issue. can you explain te steps i should take as i don't want to go to jail for $107.00

XXXXX XXXXX [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
You should hire an attorney to represent you there and they can negotiate a payment with the court and get the charges dismissed upon proof that you have been out of the country, which is a valid excuse for not receiving the notice to make good on the check. This is the fastest way to resolve your problem.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

This does not create any attorney-client relationship. Additionally, this is being provided for informational and instructional purposes only and does not constitute the practice of law in any jurisdiction.