How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jim Reilly Your Own Question
Jim Reilly
Jim Reilly, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1805
Experience:  California lawyer since 1976.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jim Reilly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello - The police unlawfully entered my house approx. 18 months

Resolved Question:

Hello - The police unlawfully entered my house approx. 18 months ago. They were therefore unable to press narcotic charges (I believe my record is otherwise clear, as my only other charges occured many years ago and were expunged) at that time. I'm a college graduate, and own the house, but have a mortgage. At any rate, I recently found an audio "bug", for lack of a better word. After doing extensive youtube/internet research on the topic and extensive looking in my house, I've found many more listening devices as well as the feed into my electrical supply. I've since been told this is unwise, but I've spoken to the local police and they deny that they've invaded my privacy or are aware of anyone else doing so. My uninformed thought is that its the federal government. In any case, I'd like to sell my house as soon as I can.              So what is my question? I guess its A)Are there any first steps you take? & B)How do I find a good local lawyer who specializes in this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Jim Reilly replied 8 years ago.
The fact that your house is bugged really has no bearing on your ability to sell it. You can remove all of the bugs you can find, hire the professional if you think it's necessary to remove others, and keep your doors locked to prevent anyone from entering to install more.

Otherwise, the first thing you should do is hire a good real estate agent to list the house for you. You really don't need a lawyer to sell your home, but if you want to consult with one about the situation, you can contact the Hennepin County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service. For contact information, see their website at:
Jim Reilly and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions