Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

We are a lot owned park. Everyone owns a 40 X 60 peice of

Customer Question
We are a lot owned...
We are a lot owned park. Everyone owns a 40 X 60 peice of property deeded to them of which they pay taxes on. A lot owner exhibits extreme bad behavior on common area with a staff person. Can we ban the lot owner from the park to protect staff & guests as well as other lot owners? Is it legal.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Legal
10/1/2008
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 9 years ago
This would depend on the rules of the park association, if there is one. If there is no association and/or no rules, then you will need to obtain a court restraining order prohibiting him from going into the common areas. As a property owner, he has rights to his property and the use of his property only.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

This does not create any attorney-client relationship. Additionally, this is being provided for informational and instructional purposes only and does not constitute the practice of law in any jurisdiction.

Our rules read only that if a lot owner is in good financial standing he can use his lot
Then you may have some problems. However, you could seek a restraining order against him to prohibit his use of the common areas and keep him away from the employees he has threatened.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney