How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118772
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what are my son legal rights for a anulment

Customer Question

My son married a month ago. His wife left to go stay with her dad on monday. He lives here in the same town. She told my son that she needed a two break. What is my sons legal rights as far as his home and vechicles? could the answer be sent to the correct e-mail address [email protected]?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
Annulments are not often granted and when they are granted they are only for very specific reasons. Annulments are granted when a marriage has been contracted by fraud or when the marriage is voidable for reasons of an inability to contract the marriage (such as mental incapacity). Divorce is likely the only option in the situation you are describing. In the case of divorce, all property that came into existence during the marriage is considered marital property and will be split between the parties. Any property that a person brought into the marriage is likely to be considered their separate property. If the home and cars were purchased during the marriage then both parties have a right to them and an interest in them. Your son will need an attorney to get the divorce filed and get a property settlement.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

This does not create any attorney-client relationship. Additionally, this is being provided for informational and instructional purposes only and does not constitute the practice of law in any jurisdiction.

Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
thank you so very much
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
Thank you and good luck.