How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 24870
Experience:  20 years legal practitioner: real estate, collections, estate, civil, business, and criminal law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently live and was married in NC and would like to move

Resolved Question:

I currently live and was married in NC and would like to move with my children (without my husband) to FL. Once I establish residency in FL, under which state's laws can a divorce take place?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.
Once you arrive and live in Florida for at least 6 months - then Florida has jurisdiction of you and the children - not him though - he still lives in NC. Prior to the 6 months a divorce would have to be filed in NC.
Law Pro and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you