How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34256
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a house that I own in another city and I have it rented

Resolved Question:

I have a house that I own in another city and I have it rented out to a couple with the option to buy. This couple has notified the mortgage company and received information on the finances of this property and has had the correspondence changed to the property address. They accessed this information by posing as my wife and have some how gotten their hands on our Social Security numbers in order to access this information. I have notified the mortgage company about this and the mortgage company told me that there was nothing more they could do to prevent them from calling in if this party had my or my wife's Social Security number. Do I have any legal recourse and against who?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
If your tenant is posing as you in relation to this home, I think you may have a criminal case against the tenant.

Here is the texas state webpage that covers this

I would contact the sheriff in the county that the tenant is illegal for them to impersonate you.

I would also notify the mortgage company in writing of your concerns. I would demand that the provide you with some assistance to prevent future problems. Keep a copy of this.

This will help you down the road if you need to take legal action against the mortgage company

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the green accept button, its the only way I get paid.

P. Simmons and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you