How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 24870
Experience:  20 years legal practitioner: real estate, collections, estate, civil, business, and criminal law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have legal guardianship of our gret niece. Her mother (there

Resolved Question:

We have legal guardianship of our gret niece. Her mother (there is no dad on the burth certificate nor has anyone shown up since then) has a history of mental probelms, is living with a lifetime criminal and his parents, has no job and no transportation. Are we obligated to allow visitation if she requests it?Unsupervised?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.

No, to the contrary.


First, it's you house and you have the absolute right to deny or accept someone into your home - all that you have to say to her is that she's not welcome.


Second, you might want to get a court order as to custody/visitation as between your great niece and her mother to alleviate any potential problems down the road - that she is only entitled to supervised visitation - which the court will readily grant.

Law Pro and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you