Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years legal practitioner: real estate, collections, estate, civil, business, and criminal law
11688690

My vehicle was towed from an apartment complex while my daughter

My vehicle was towed from an apartment complex while my daughter was visiting a tenant. There is a sign at the entrance telling you that unauthorized vehicles will be towed. There is no sign stating that there is a separate parking area for visitors. Additionally, the designated towing company for this complex makes regular rounds and tows vehicles away. I was told at the rental office that it is the responsibility of the tenants to inform visitors of this parking rule. is this legal?
Submitted: 8 years ago via RomingerLegal.
Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.

Yes, sorry to say, but yes. The apartment complex works up a deal with a towing company (who likes it very much) that they have the right and duty to tow an unauthorized vehicles from the premises.

The towing company then makes routine visits in the parking lot and tows anybody's vehicle that doesn't have the designated sticker thereon.