How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 24870
Experience:  20 years legal practitioner: real estate, collections, estate, civil, business, and criminal law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my daughter was arrested for possession of a class A substance.

Resolved Question:

my daughter was arrested for possession of a class A substance. She is unemployeed and the court has denied her representation and gave her 2 weeks to either show up with a lawyer or represent herself. is that a violation of her constitutional right? if so how would she proceed
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Pro replied 9 years ago.
What state are you in?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Malden MA
Expert:  Law Pro replied 9 years ago.
The fact that she wasn't given legal representation is unconstitutional - legal representation is mandatory if the defendant is indigent. Go to the Public Defender's Office in your county and request representation - she'll have to fill out the paperwork and provide proof of income or sign an affidavit of no income.
Law Pro and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you