How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118658
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

* New New * Reply Reply * Reply all Reply all

This answer was rated:

* New New
    * Reply Reply
    * Reply all Reply all
    * Forward Forward
    * Delete Delete
    * Junk Junk
    * Not junk Not junk
    * Report phishing scam Report phishing scam
    * Mark as unread Mark as unread
    * Print
    * Previous message
    * Next message
    * Help
    * Options Options

FW: My Bi Polar Son?
From:      leslye clemons-carr ([email protected])
Sent:      Tue 9/30/08 11:19 PM
To:      [email protected]

From:[email protected]
To:[email protected]
Subject: My Bi Polar Son
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:31:11 +0000

Good morning, My name isXXXXX - Carr. I am writing to you because of my son Christopher Charles Clemons Birth date Jan.7,1984
Arrest number(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Christopher was arrested early July 2008. He is a very sick young man and has been in and out of Mental hospitals for the last 4 years.
I did not have him released on bail because he had stopped taking his medication and I could not guarantee that he would be around to go to court.
His situation however has me very concerned.
His paperwork was sent over to the prison over a month ago by his case manager and doctor. The paperwork stated in detail his mental condition and the medication that he needed to focus. Without his medication he sees things hears things and is verbally combative, grandiose, and difficult to understand and follow rules.
Christopher is a very talented and bright young man. He was raised with two loving professional parents in XXXXX XXXXX, Pa.
He has never been arrested before and has never even received so much as a jaywalking ticket. He was in college when he broke down.
He is mentally ill and off his medication. He wears contacts because he is extremely nearsighted. I was told that he will have to wear glasses but he never wears them because they give him migraine headaches. . He can barely see. His vision is extremely poor. I have contacts and solution for him but I am at a loss as to how to navigate your system. He has not told anyone that he is almost legally blind. He does not want anyone to know. ( remember he is mentally ill and his thinking process makes no sense to normal people)
He has never made a phone call home because he cannot figure out how to do it. I have a 484 number and he is not allowed to call me because it is a cell number and I do not live in Philadelphia. Unless we come to see him we do not hear from him.
Yesterday I took off work to visit and found him to be in serious stress. He is being held in the hold because he apparently did not move fast enough for some of the guards.
I am a teacher. I also sit on the Executive Board for the Philadelphia Federation Of teachers. My husband is the famous artist Abdul A. Ahmad. We are asking for your help.
I am asking you to look into this matter and get back to me at your earliest convenience.
I will pass this letter on to anyone that will listen to me starting with the State Attorney General.
Without my help my son could end up to be another statistic. I am giving you a heads up that I will be on a campaign to see to it that my son receives proper treatment and that he is not mistreated. Without my support he will get lost in your very stressful system.
I am taking the next couple of days off to advocate for my son.
I would appreciate it if you would give this matter some serious attention.
Thank you
Leslye Clemons - Carr
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What is your specific question?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Would I be able to get an attorney for him without any out of pocket expenses.
Is this a law suite?
What are my sons legal rights.
Where can I go to get him the help that is needed?
Are there any lawyers out there that would be willing to talk to me without me having to go out of pocket?
I am lost!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Does he have a law suite against the prison?
You will need to hire an attorney to file an appeal through the bureau of prison's administrative process before you can file a law suit against the prison for denial of proper medical care in violation of his civil rights. There are numerous groups that address the problem of prisoners not receiving proper medical care and the most prominent is the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU). You need to contact your local ACLU and discuss the matter with them and they would likely take on the case for no charge.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for you prompt response. I will certainly get in touch with them as soon as I close out this letter
Leslye Clemons - Carr
Thank you and good luck.