ctlawyer
ctlawyer, Attorney
Experience:  over 15 years practice experience in real estate and business matters;
11124078

Hello! I work construction, our shop is based in Santa Cruz,

Hello! I work construction, our shop is based in Santa Cruz, CA. We do radiant heating installation, which often takes us one to two hours from home to a job site on a daily basis. My boss has informed us that he will no longer pay us for our time traveling from the shop to the job site and back each day. Often I drive a company truck with material to and from the site. Shouldn't I be paid for my traveling time?

If you are required to come to the shop first for tools and materials, then you should be paid from when you get to the shop. I would contact the California depart. of labor for advice on how to proceed on this issue and what your exact rights are.

check this link for more info http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/DLSE-FAQs.htm