Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How can I get a copy of a name change petition that was

Customer Question
how can I get a...
how can I get a copy of a name change petition that was finalized in new York in 1980
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/1/2008
Lawyer: Christy, Attorney replied 9 years ago
Christy
Christy, Attorney
Customer

Do you know what court the petition was filed in? If not, what city?
honestly I am not sure. The only think I know is at the time my aunt & uncle who helped us with the process lived in queens.
help,

First, try the online documents available for Queens court at:

http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcivilLocal/LCMain

If your records are not available online, you will have to call the court at 1-800-COURTNY. They will be able to give you the contact information for the correct court. Once you have that, you can request copies of the records. There may be a small fee for copying and mailing of the records.

If I have been helpful, please Accept my Answer. We can continue talking after you do so if you have follow-up questions.

Thanks,
Christy
i went on that website. I don't see where I can get a copy of this document.

i also called the number just to see if they give an option for this & the only thing it says us to leave a voicemail
The court will not answer, except for during business hours.

As for the website, you have to put in the verification at the bottom, and then you can search by party name.

Let me know if you still have trouble.
Christy
Christy
Christy, Attorney