How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42867
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to get a Burial Plot Deed changed over to my name.

Resolved Question:

I want to get a Burial Plot Deed changed over to my name.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 9 years ago.

Thanks for your question. This is a deed justlike any other property.This is true that you are going to need a lawyer to draw up and make sure it is executed correctly and filed in the county real property records.


This would be a simple warranty deed. You have a deed that conveys the property to you. With this document this would be a simple thing to take it to lawyer and have them to do the new one. But it needs to be done correctly to protect rights here. If you need a copy of the deed to you it should be recorded in the county records and they can look it up and get you a copy to work from here.

Ray and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you