How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steinlaw Your Own Question
Steinlaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1811
Experience:  8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Steinlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get my name off of a bail bond I co-signed for if

Customer Question

How can I get my name off of a bail bond I co-signed for if the guy jumped bail?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 8 years ago.
You probably cannot get your name off. You could, in theory, sue them for fraud in a declaratory relief case alleging that they used false pretenses to get you to sign. But that will be a difficult, if not impossible, case and will be very expensive. However, go to and look for an attorney near you.

Good luck.

Related Legal Questions