How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33555
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

NY State-Auto Window Tint exemption. I held a permit about

Resolved Question:

NY State-Auto Window Tint exemption. I held a permit about 17 years ago when my eyes and skin were bad from an exposure from medication. I was given a prescription for dark tinted windows. Problem has reoccured. I was given a prescription again from my physician MD. Filled out the single page, 1 sided NY DMV form, and was rejected. DMV stated would be reconsidered if physician explained why other substitutes would not be sufficient, he did. Rejected again. Now sick of DMV's antics and want to retain atty. and pursue. What are my grounds, and what can be done this problem with this annoying medical review unit of this public servant agency? My tone and choice of language should be clue to my annoyance with their incompetance.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
The DMV will have an appeals process you have to go through. I did a search and couldn't find it online (although ti is probably buried there somewhere) but you will have to complete their appeal process before you can bring a lawsuit or the judge will dismiss the case based on "failure to exhaust all administrative remedies".

My suggestion is to hire a lawyer now and let them complete the process so they can set it up for the eventual lawsuit. It almost seems like a civil rights violation if your condition is sufficient to qualify as a "disability" under federal and state law.

Look for a lawyer who does "driver's license suspension", "administrative law", or DWI defense, since it is the same type of procedures.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B. and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you