Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
11182422

Can a gas station off the highway refuse to allow you to use

Can a gas station off the highway refuse to allow you to use the bathroom unless you purchase gas. They said it was only for customers so I offered to buy some gum or candy but they said I had to buy gas. We didn't need gas!

HiCustomer

Generally, the gas station management can restrict access to the restroom however they please as long as they are consistent about it. If the next person that came along and only bought some gum, then was allowed to use the restroom, there would be a problem.

If you had been discriminated against for reasons of race, you would want to consider contacting the better business bureau and an attorney that handles either personal injury and/or civil rights litigation. Best of luck.