Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My son was sentenced to 13 years in state prison for roberry.

My son was sentenced to 13 years in state prison for roberry. He was with 2 other men that he just met few days before the incident and they were all under the influence of drug. They found 2 guns in the trunk of his car. He didn't physically hurt anybody and he until this moment is truly remorseful about the crime he has committed. He has been in prison for 3 years now and we visit him almost every single weekend. The only time we missed seeing him was when my wife and I went out of the country for a couple of weeks. He has joined few programs they offered inside the prison including the bible study thru correspondence system. My question is, when could he be eligible for parole?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What state was he sentenced in?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

-What state was he sentenced in?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
My son was sentenced in the City of West Covina, California and he is currently serving his crime at Centinela state prison in Imperial, California.
California allows for parole consideration after 3 years of sentence, except for someone convicted of a violent felony, such as armed robbery, then the wait is 5 years. You need to have him begin applying to the parole board now and hiring an attorney to assist him would be a good idea. Also, you could try to have the attorney even apply to the governor's office to seek clemency for him.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.