How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawgirl Your Own Question
Lawgirl, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4606
Experience:  I am an attorney familiar with the above-stated subject matter.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lawgirl is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

About 3 years ago a came to this country with a italian visa I am peruvian born I want to

Customer Question

know how i could fix my status?

I have a son who is a U.S. Citizen however he is only 10 years old.

What can be done I would like to stay in the U.S. would it be possible to obtain resident status?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lawgirl replied 9 years ago.

Thank you for your question.


You are unable to adjust your status on the basis of your son's citizenship until he reaches the age of 21. In the interim, you could be sponsored by an employer or another relative who is either a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.


Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.


Good Luck!

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
What if I marry a U.S. Citizen?
Expert:  Lawgirl replied 9 years ago.
That would make you the relative of a U.S. Citizen, which would definitely make your eligible!