How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118780
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I live in Pennsylvania in a community. I dont feel that

Resolved Question:

Hi, I live in Pennsylvania in a community. I don't feel that the dues that I have to pay every year, $725.00, are being used for what they state. Is there someon that I can contact to investigate the assocoation and unfortunately not cost me. Also I have been without water here in my community for 2 days now. It is a holiday weekend so I don't really know if it will be repaired every today which is Labor Day. When I called a member of the board on Saturday I was told with a bit of an attitude "The pump is broken, they are trying to get parts for it. We are not going to have water all weekend". So the plans that I had made for this weekend have all been cancelled. I don't have the money to go to a hotel. Is it possible for me to get a break on the dues that I have to pay each year? Is there anything I can do or do I have to just eat it? Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
You must read the association bylaws regarding the authority of the association and the expenditure of money. As a member, you should be entitled to examine the books upon request. As far as repairs, if the pump requires a part and it could not be delivered for several days, there is little you can do about this and will likely just have to pay the dues, unless there is a provision in the bylaws for such a refund of dues.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.

Hi again, as for going over the books I have no idea what I would be looking for. Is there some state agency that could get in contact with to handle this?

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
No, it is a private association and you would have to hire someone at your expense if you need to, but unless you have some evidence of criminal activity, there is no state agency that will get involved.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you