Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

I was behind on my vehicle payments. I was sent a right to

I was behind on my vehicle payments. I was sent a right to cure which I made arrangements with the company to cure. Two days after I made the payments current I was served to appear for replevin. Since the vehicle is current, what can they do. What can I expect to happen in court.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

When you go to court you will want to bring with you proof of payment indicating that the loan is current. You can then move the court to dismiss based on the action being moot .

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So basically they don't have a leg to stand on in order to reposses if I bring my current month statement showing that the vehicle is no longer in arrears. Can they still try and collect the 3 months and lawyer fees?

If you are current there is no reason to pay 3 months and attorney fees. Bring your cancelled checks as well.

I hope that this has helped.

Thank you,