How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31672
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been datig someone for 3 years. Last October he started

Resolved Question:

I have been datig someone for 3 years. Last October he started to stay at my home. He has been living in my home rent free for 10 months. The relationship has ended. I have asked im to leave but he will not. Do I legally have to give him a notice to make him leave? He drinks a lot and can get violent. I just want him to go. What is the quickest safest way to do that?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.

If he's not a tenant, you can ask him to leave at anytime without any notice. My suggestion would be for him to be given 1 week to vacate the property, and if he does not, you'll call the sheriff and have him arrested for trespassing.


He has no right to be there or to stay if it is your place and he has paid no rent to you.

Roger and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you