How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been scammed into buying property. This was supposed

This answer was rated:

I have been scammed into buying property. This was supposed to be a business opportunity but now I am left with a house that I cannot afford.
The company was paying for the property as planned for a few months and soon after all the contacts I had with this company had disappeared.
I had received a $5000 compensation for completing the transaction but now the property is in foreclosure and the mortgage company wants their money.
I have received the summon and I must respond shortly. What approach should I take and what exactly have I gotten myself into?
You MUST answer the summons and complaint. If you had a contractual agreement with the company, then you can file a "Third Party Complaint" against the company as part of your answer and bring the company into the lawsuit and claim that if you are found liable to the Plaintiff, then the company is liable to you. I do not understand how the contracts you had disappeared, you should have copies of them. Even so, if they perpretrated some type of fraud on you then you should also sue them for that in your action. In this case, it would likely be worth it to you to hire an attorney to represent you in your action, especially because it includes a 3rd party complaint.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.
Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions