How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lady Themis Your Own Question
Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7751
Experience:  General practice experience in many areas of law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lady Themis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have been given a ticket for speeding 71mph in aXXXXX

Resolved Question:

i have been given a ticket for speeding 71mph in aXXXXXand give a court date in september 22, 2008. I dont have a traffic violation in 8 years. Do I need a lawyer present during the court date?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lady Themis replied 9 years ago.
No. You can represent yourself, as most people do for infractions. However, your chances of having the fine reduced or even getting the charge nolled (thrown out) are better if you have a lawyer.
Lady Themis and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you