How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have called the police and filed several complaints against

This answer was rated:

I have called the police and filed several complaints against my neighbor for playing excessively loud music in his house two doors down from my house. The police have resolved the matter and for a while, he stopped playing the music loud, but it is starting over again. This time, my neighbor had a visitor who was parked next door and they were playing music from the visitor's car, not excessively, so I went outside and stood extending my hands and prayed and eventually the visitor and my neighbor stopped the music but as my neighbor walked back toward his house, he yelled out "don't you just hate queers," and "man somebody ought kick off in your ass cuz."   What peaceful resolve from a legal standpoint should I use to assure my safety. I do not take lightly any type of threat. Unfortunately the neighbors who were outside are Hispanic do not speak English fluently.


Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

If you believe that you are in physical danger, you can obtain a temporary restraining order (TRO). This will order your neighbor not to contact or go near you but will not cause him to be arrested unless he violates the order.

You will need to go to the local courthouse to obtain the TRO. The clerk will give you the forms and assist you.

The judge will immediately sign the TRO if the forms on their face appear that you are in reasonable fear of harm.

The filing fee for the TRO may be waived based on need.

There will be a hearing at a later date to determine whether the TRO should be extended.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,

Please hit ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonuses and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!


Ellen and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you