Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

is it ineffective assistance of counsel when lawyer does

Customer Question
is it "ineffective assistance of...
is it "ineffective assistance of counsel" when lawyer does not effectively represent client to local social security office concerning calculating back benefits by categories, thereby causing loss of total back benefits?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Legal
9/1/2008
Lawyer: Marcus Parker, Lawyer replied 9 years ago
Marcus Parker
the phrase is most often used as a basis of appeal in a criminal case. It is normally not available as an appeal point in a civil (or administrative law in the case of Social Security adjudication) appeal.

The terms you use in the above answer, "most often" and "is normally not availabel", are too ambiguous to sufice as an acceptable answer to my above question. Therefore please return my $15.00 back to my account.

Sincerely,

Rudolph Marconi

The terms are not ambigious at all. It is possible that a judge somewhere may have used the wrong term, or otherwise made a wrong decision, hence the use of the terms. If you want a refund you are welcome to take it up with Just Answer. They, not me, have your money.
Marcus Parker
Marcus Parker
Marcus Parker, Lawyer