How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118189
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I sue Department of human services for Mental anguash and

Customer Question

Can I sue Department of human services for Mental anguash and finacial hard ship? My husband was accused of sexual abusing my daughter. Theres no physiacl evedence the counsler I hired said they dont believe that anything happend. He had a sex offender evaluation and they said he was no threat to anyone ever. its been 11 months My kids aint child in need of assistance and they wont let my husband come home or leave us alone
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
They are immune from suit in the pursuit of their official duties. DHS agencies around the country have caused this type of anguish on innocent citizens for years and there are numerous groups around the country who have unsuccessfully tried to stop these abuses of power. The only thing you can do is hire an attorney to protect the few, if any, rights you have and go to court to get the matter closed. The courts are very reluctant to go against a report from DHS and many times blindly uphold them out of fear that even 1 out of 1million may result in a future problem. It is a sad but true comment on the system. You need to just keep on moving forward and not give up, despite the immense frustration. You can search the web and there are numerous groups to provide you support in your fight against DHS, but aside from that and hiring an attorney, I am afraid there is little you can do. If you cannot afford an attorney and cannot find assistance from one of the Anti-DHS/DCFS groups, call the state bar about the pro bono programs in your area or contact the local law school's law clinic for assistance.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.