How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Enigma Your Own Question
Legal Enigma
Legal Enigma, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 206
Experience:  California trial attorney; civil litigation, business law, international law, family law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Legal Enigma is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

in new york state can you tape record another person without

This answer was rated:

in new york state can you tape record another person without their prmission
Generally no if you do not have consent of the party, unless it is a public conversation (i.e. a speech). <br /> <br />N.Y. Penal Law §§ 250.00, 250.05: It is a Class E felony to overhear or record a telephonic or telegraphic communication if one is not the sender or receiver, or does not have the consent of either the sender or receiver. It also is a crime for someone not present to overhear or record any conversation or discussion without the consent of at least one party to that conversation. <br /> <br />Please let me know if I can be of further help. <br /> <br />Please click ACCEPT now, so that I may get credit for this answer. We can still communicate after you click Accept. I appreciate a positive feedback. <br /> <br />The answer provided is for general informational and educational purposes only and is NOT legal advice. I am not your lawyer. No attorney-client relationship of any kind has been formed. You may not rely on this answer as legal advice. I am making no representation that I may be licensed in your jurisdiction and you may not act or refrain from acting based on the information provided in this answer. You should seek an attorney in your area to obtain legal advice.
Legal Enigma and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you