How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34256
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name isXXXXX reside in ...

Customer Question

My name isXXXXX reside in Ansonia Connecticut in a two bedroom apart shared with a female friend. Within the last 3 months my rommate has become violent. Sought the courts for a restraining order but was denied. I work as Physcian''s Assistant and in fear of losing my license. My name is XXXXX XXXXX listed name on the lease. How do I go about legally removing this person from my apartment?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
Can you tell me, do you have a written lease agreement with this person?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
As stated previously she's not on the lease
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I was not clear

But I ment to ask, do you and here have some agreement on her living there and if so, what is your agreement? That will determine how soon you can get rid of her
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
We do not have any agreement. I work full-time. At this time I would have hoped she was gainfully employed to help with the rent. I guess the agreement would be that she would pay half of $975 + electic and gas.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.

SO it sounds like you may have what is known as a sublet to her. IF she has paid you money. If she has paid you money, you are required to give her 30 days notice before you evict.

If she has not paid you money, you can evict her and if she will not leave you can call the sherif to assist
Please let me know if you have questions else please hit the green button, its the only way i get paid