Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My name isXXXXX reside in ...

Customer Question
My name isXXXXX reside in...
My name isXXXXX reside in Ansonia Connecticut in a two bedroom apart shared with a female friend. Within the last 3 months my rommate has become violent. Sought the courts for a restraining order but was denied. I work as Physcian''s Assistant and in fear of losing my license. My name is XXXXX XXXXX listed name on the lease. How do I go about legally removing this person from my apartment?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Legal
8/1/2008
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 9 years ago
P. Simmons, Attorney
Can you tell me, do you have a written lease agreement with this person?

As stated previously she's not on the lease
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I was not clear

But I ment to ask, do you and here have some agreement on her living there and if so, what is your agreement? That will determine how soon you can get rid of her
We do not have any agreement. I work full-time. At this time I would have hoped she was gainfully employed to help with the rent. I guess the agreement would be that she would pay half of $975 + electic and gas.
Ok

SO it sounds like you may have what is known as a sublet to her. IF she has paid you money. If she has paid you money, you are required to give her 30 days notice before you evict.

If she has not paid you money, you can evict her and if she will not leave you can call the sherif to assist
Please let me know if you have questions else please hit the green button, its the only way i get paid
P. Simmons, Attorney