Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Ralph Marcadis and Associates in Tampa, Fl illegally ...

Ralph Marcadis and Associates in...
Ralph Marcadis and Associates in Tampa, Fl illegally supposedbly served a summons on us which we never received. It resulted in a Motion for Default that was filed by them with Pasco County, Fl It has also gone to the judge and he signed off on a Default Final Judgement. We NEVER received the summons and it was not served to us. What recourse do we have with Pacso County Sixth Judicial Circuit court to overturn this case into something we can defend?
8/1/2008
If you can prove no service was ever made, then you need to file a motion to vacate the default judgment, which the court can vacate for good cause, such as no service. You can defend it and these arguments occur frequently. You just need to prove the good cause to the court and they will vacate the judgment and give you an opportunity to answer the complaint.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Reply to PaulMJD's Post: How am I going to prove it, when I never received the summons?
It comes down to credibility. You attach a sworn affidavit that you never received any service and have it notarized. Then you explain it to the judge, they get these all of the time and generally give you the benefit of the doubt.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney