How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117369
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What form would I file in order to appeal a termination of

Resolved Question:

What form would I file in order to appeal a termination of parental rights? I need the entire case reviewed accurately and promptly. There are extraordinary and extenuating circumstances that need to be brought before a judge. We are also under the fear of retaliation, so I wonder if there is a confidential way to do this?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
There is no confidential way to do this. You must file an appeal with the court of appeals to overturn the termination of parental rights and should use this form

You will need to attach a written description of all of your reasons and attach any evidence you may have.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Do we have to submit a copy to the appeals court ourselves or just to the local court and they send it to the appelate court? Also, do we have to deliver it to everyone involved, or does someone else do that?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
You have to file a notice of the appeal with the local court and that with the appeals court. Go to the clerk's office and they can assist you if you are doing this yourself. You should have an attorney to make things go smoother and make sure your appeal is not all over the place and sticks to the important issues. If you cannot afford an attorney, call the state bar and ask for the pro bono programs in your area.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you