How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 39143
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Legal Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have just recently been divorced since Feb. My exhusband ...

Resolved Question:

I have just recently been divorced since Feb. My exhusband was ordered to pay me and did until June he paid on the First of the month then he lost his job of 30yrs and has not paid me since he is getting unemployment now and I know he is working under the table he has his girlfriend living with him and helping him pay the bills and expects me to live on what I got from the settelment on the house. Which is of course for me to use to get another house. I dont know where to go first or who to talk to now the DA or what
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  socrateaser replied 9 years ago.
You file a motion for contempt and for a money judgment of arrears. Husband will be prosecuted, unless you reach a settlement. If you win, he will be ordered to pay, and/or his assets can be seized to satisfy the arrears. If you lose, husband will use the loss as ammo to obtain a downward modfication of support.
socrateaser and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you