LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

HOW MUCH JAIL TIME FOR TRAFFICKING 1400 POUNDS OF MARIJUANA

Customer Question

HE IS 21 YEARS OLD AND ITS HIS FIRST TIME FELONY AND ITS A FEDERAL CRIME
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 9 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. The ultimate sentence imposed will be left to the discretion of the trial court. However, I would be glad to provide you with the range of possible penalties. 1,400 pounds works out to be approximately 636 kilograms.
  2. From the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration here is the applicable law. Marijuana, 100 kg to 999 kg mixture; or 100 to 999 plants; First Offense:
    • Not less than 5 years, not more than 40 years;
    • If death or serous injury, not less than 20 years, not more than life;
    • Fine not more than $2 million if an individual, $5 million if other than an individual.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.