Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What is minimum age for operating power tools?

Customer Question
what is minimum age for operating power tools?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/15/2008
Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant replied 9 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant

What state are you inquiring about? Is it job related?
pa and yes
we have a student 16 years old working for the summber. Can he, by pennsylvania law operate power tools such as drills, saws etc?
Working on it

Thank you for your question.

I am happy to assist you.the use of power tools is not specifically restricted.

However the statute states that the person must be 18 to be employed
or permitted to work in any occupation that is dangerous with the exception that
minors age fourteen and over may operate power lawn mowing equipment:

Additionally, the statute states that no minor under sixteen years of age shall be employed or permitted to work in, about, or in connection with, any manufacturing or mechanical occupation or process; nor on scaffolding; nor in heavy work in the building trades;

Here is the link to the Pennsylvania Minor Labor Law: http://www.dli.state.pa.us/landi/lib/landi/laws-regulations%5Cllc%5Ca-177.pdf

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLANDNYLAWYER

Please hit ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonuses and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE

Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant