How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117457
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How much money can I recoup.

Resolved Question:

Drilled well pump broke down on 5/14/08. Landlord refuses to fix pump. No water until 5/24/08 when code enforcer requires he have some sort of temp. water available. Dug well pitiful. No water pressure and don''t know what is in the well water ie. bacteria, bugs, feces. Still paid rent but now moving due to his refusal to fix.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
You can recoup any expenses incurred by you in finding a new place to lease, moving expenses and any other damages you suffered as a result of the landlord's breach of the lease. You can also seek to recoup the rental payments for the time when the apartment was not up to code and you paid rent anyhow. You should get a lawyer to represent you in this matter because you could also seek legal fees. If you need an attorney and cannot afford one, contact the state bar about the pro bono referral program.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for each of my answers. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Law Educator, Esq. and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you