How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mr Lofton Your Own Question
Mr Lofton
Mr Lofton, Lawyer.
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1291
Experience:  30 years of experience as a counselor and trial lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Mr Lofton is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I proceed to collect on a bad check in Florida?

Resolved Question:

How do I proceed to collect on a bad check in Florida?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Mr Lofton replied 9 years ago.
Well,after you have exhausted redepositing the check - and when you find out that there was not sufficient funds to cover it in the first place, then you should file CRIMINAL charges against the person who drafted the check - when he gets prosecuted, the court will want him to make "restitution" to you in order to get off the hook with something less than ail time.

All the best,
Mr Lofton and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you